[wrtc2014] WRTC Category Weighting Factor

Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX lu5dx at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 16:04:47 EDT 2012

Ward, once tabulated some weighting factors accross mutiple categories. He did that using results of an ARRL DX test.

SOAB HP was around .80 in terms of competitiveness,  and if I recall correctly and SOAB(A) was 0.64

Now do the math for CQ WW CW 2011 :-)

Anyways. The WRTC board of directors can set the rules the way they think it's the best approach for the vast majority. And it seems though they are still perfectible, they kept improving over the years.
Till Finland 2002 it was just a matter of getting an invitation, till Russia station setup  and location (terrain mostly) was not exactly the same for all the teams.

So it's getting really better edition after edition.

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX