[wrtc2014] WRTC Category Weighting Factor

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:08:22 EDT 2012

> using the number of entries in a class is not an accurate proxy for
> competitiveness.

That's why my metric is derived solely from the Top Ten where the
competitive operators presumably are.

> Presumably the WRTC wants the best operators not the best operators
> determined by the power class they entered.

We've been through this process four times now and each time there was
serious consideration of the weighting between HP and LP (and
All-Band/Single-Band and SO/SOA) categories. I think the selection criteria
weighting has been shown to be reasonably valid.

73, Ward N0AX